What to Look for in a New Front Door
Replacing your front door requires some careful consideration, and with security a major concern, you want to be sure that the unit can withstand a forced entry attempt. Double glazed units with toughened safety glass are pretty much standard today, and with either aluminium or UPVC frames, the unit is very strong and durable. If you are thinking of making a change to the front of your home, a new front door should have the following qualities.
- Strength and Durability – Composite doors offer the homeowner many design options, with carved inset panels and a range of stained glass patterns and colours, and with aluminium or UPVC, you have the very best in both strength and durability. The material is maintenance free, and both aluminium and UPVC is guaranteed not to fade, crack, or peel, no matter what the weather is like.
- Style and Elegance – The front door of any residence is a central point, and therefore needs to be in keeping with the overall appearance of the property. If you happen to live in Essex, there is an excellent door showroom in Pinner, where you can experience the units when fitted, and this helps you to make the right design choice.
- High Security – A simple lock is not adequate today, and as the units are made to measure, there would be a choice of locking systems, with double or even triple locking mechanisms and also camera capabilities, if required. Glass would be toughened as standard, and most burglars would not bother with such a door, as they are fully aware of just how difficult a forced entry is. If you also have your windows replaced at the same time, you really have the ultimate in home security, as long as you remember to lock all the doors and windows when you go out.
- Professional Installation – This is just as important as the actual unit, and if the specifications are correct, it would fit like a glove. There would be two sets of measurements taken, the first for the quote and the second for the actual manufacture, and this would be very precise. The company would offer a lengthy warranty if they installed the unit, and with modern fabrication methods, there’s nothing that can go wrong.
- Excellent Insulation – You do not want to lose your valuable heat through the front door, and with composite materials, this is all but eliminated, and add to that double or even triple glazing, and you have a very effective heat insulation barrier.
There are so many design options, that it is better to visit a showroom, where they would have a wide range of doors, and you can see how they look once installed. If you would like to make contact with an established supplier, an online search is likely to produce results, and by choosing someone local, you can be sure of excellent service.